Our products are made with local and exotic woods. With proper care, they will last a very long time.
Our utensils are treated with food grade mineral oil and receive a final coating of our Wood Butter.
- Clean: Hand wash in hot soapy water, rinse and dry. Do NOT put in the dishwasher and NEVER soak in water.
- Care: Periodically coat your utensil with mineral oil or use our Wood Butter.
We treat our boards with food grade mineral oil and a final coat of our Wood Butter.
- Clean: Hand wash your board with hot soapy water. Immediately rinse and dry it thoroughly. NEVER soak your cutting board in water and NO DISHWASHER!
- Sanitize: After washing with hot soapy water, wipe your board with full-strength white vinegar. The acetic acid in the vinegar is a good disinfectant.
Store your board
When not in use, store your board on its side rather than flat. Periodically oil your board with mineral oil (purchased from your pharmacy) to extend its life and prevent cracking and use our Wood Butter.
The wood for these boards has been treated with a blend of salad bowl finish and mineral spirits. They then receive a finishing coat of our Wood Butter.
- Clean: Hand wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly. NO dishwasher! NEVER soak you board in water.
- Sanitize: After cleaning your board, you can wipe with full-strength white vinegar to sanitize.
- Store: When not in use, store your board on its side.